Heading off to the beach, lake, or pool this summer for some R&R? Take advantage of your down time by reading (or re-reading) these books by marketing and optimization experts. They’ll not only help you brush up on copy, design, testing, and analytical techniques, but also provide a shot of inspiration and encouragement.
Here’s a must-read list, in alphabetical order by title:
- Buyer Legends: The Executive Storyteller’s Guide, by Bryan Eisenberg, Jeffrey Eisenberg, and Anthony Garcia.
- Conversion Optimization: The Art and Science of Converting Prospects to Customers, by Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy.
- Convert!: Designing Web Sites to Increase Traffic and Conversion, by Ben Hunt.
- Convert Every Click: Make More Money Online with Holistic Conversion Rate Optimization, by Benji Rabhan.
- Data-Driven Marketing: The 15 Metrics Everyone in Marketing Should Know, by Mark Jeffery.
- Digital Marketing Analytics: Making Sense of Consumer Data in a Digital World, by Chuck Hemann and Ken Burbary.
- Epic Content Marketing: How to Tell a Different Story, Break through the Clutter, and Win More Customers by Marketing Less, by Joe Pulizzi.
- Experiment!: Website Conversion Rate Optimization with A/B and Multivariate Testing, by Colin McFarland.
- Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions, by Tim Ash, Maura Ginty, Rich Page.
- Small Business Big Money Online: A Proven System to Optimize eCommerce Websites and Increase Internet Profits, by Alex Harris and Bryan Eisenberg.
- The Complete Guide to B2B Marketing: New Tactics, Tools, and Techniques to Compete in the Digital Economy, by Kim Ann King.
- You Should Test That: Conversion Optimization for More Leads, Sales and Profit or The Art and Science of Optimized Marketing, by Chris Goward.
- Web Analytics 2.0: The Art of Online Accountability and Science of Customer Centricity, by Avinash Kaushik.
- Website Optimization: An Hour a Day – A Conversion Rate Optimization and A/B Testing Guide, by Rich Page.
- Building a Digital Analytics Organization: Create Value by Integrating Analytical Processes, Technology, and People into Business Operations, by Judah Phillips