It’s already November, and that means Cyber Monday is inching closer and closer. If your mobile sites aren’t optimized for the influx of traffic yet, now is the time to get going. For many brands, Monday will bring the most single-day traffic ever.
It’s already November, and that means Cyber Monday is inching closer and closer. If your mobile sites aren’t optimized for the influx of traffic yet, now is the time to get going. For many brands, Monday will bring the most single-day traffic ever. And, with the urgency to shop quickly, customers will be using their phones to make purchases more than ever. But, if you feel a bit behind don’t worry! There’s still time to optimize your mobile sites for the rush. Here are some key bits of information you’ll need to start your planning.
- According to Forbes, last year’s Cyber Monday saw $3.25 billion in online sales, breaking the record for the biggest revenue day ever in U.S. ecommerce.
- According to Retail Dive, last year 60% of customers used their phones to research, even in stores.
- Also according to Retail Dive, 75% of Americans are going to shop through Thanksgiving weekend (not just on Cyber Monday).
- Forrester reports that online U.S. holiday shopping will grow by 14% to $151 billion.
- eMarketer predicts that mobile will make up 68% of retail traffic this year.
It’s Not Too Late to Optimize Mobile
The numbers really hammer home the impact that mobile will have on the shopping rush during Thanksgiving week. If you’re not already braced for it, make sure your mobile sites are ready for the influx of traffic. Here are a few things you can do:
- While the whole week preceding Cyber Monday can be a great time to take advantage of the influx of traffic for testing, remember that your customers aren’t necessarily behaving as they would the rest of the year. (Think, gift buying, buying more than normal, shopping more quickly, etc.). Check out this blog for more detail.
- Look back on your year round data to understand what types of promotions, images, design features, etc. work well for your customers.
- Make sure you can handle the influx of traffic. SiteSpect can handle unlimited traffic easily, take advantage for that!
- Ensure that your campaigns are consistent across devices. Especially at this time of year, customers will be moving between brick and mortar, mobile shopping, and desktops quickly and constantly. It’s crucial that each customers gets a consistent experience at each touch point.
Be Thankful for Your Optimization Efforts
Hopefully, you’ve been planning for this week all year, and you’re ready to hit the ground running come Thanksgiving. But if not, don’t fret. You still have time to make the most of this shopping season.